I'll-have-a-falafel-with-hot-sauce

Friday, October 06, 2006

Library Low Down (part I)

Saint James Town Branch
As a visiting member of the public (a.k.a. "patron") you may wish to avoid the after-school rush. Teens, pre-teens, kids and tots flood the branch between 3pm and closing (see TPL hours). Looking for Mary Kate and Ashley paperbacks? The spinners are overflowing with them! Floor to ceiling windows offer a handsome view of Sherbourne and Wellesley - my birthplace (though the hospital has since been torn down). Take a study-break and shoot some hoops at the adjoining community centre or stop by The Baker's Dozen for a cup of joe (I recommend the instant vanilla cappuccino paired with a rice crispy square). Staff are warm and welcoming and the branch boasts a high tech self-checkout system (one of only two system-wide - see also Malvern Branch).

9 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Luis, just for you, a library review! I'll seek out other Toronto events soon, though, so as not to bore the pants off of everyone...

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Meredith said…

    Hannah...you have such a lovely bog and I was excited to see a link to a food blog...nice work. Tell me about a library with sunny windows...or sticky shelves

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Hi Wooly Lamb! Sticky shelves may pop up later... I've added a link to your blog!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling Hannah aka Wifey,

    How are you? Great to read about your world... plus it is serving as a great distraction from revision for my exam on Monday... good ol' wifey.

    Hope all is well in TO. It's a rare sunny day here in Blighty...

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Rory Tate said…

    your blog is so fancy-dance!

    it's lookin' good, richardson...you'll have to give me some html pointers, as i suck at it.

    i don't even know how to add links to mine.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Luis-Manuel Garcia said…

    Yay! Sticky shelves!!
    I totally didn't realize that you were at the St. James Town branch! The last time I was on that corner, it was just half-built. I'm gonna add you to my Blogroll...

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi what is this....blog ? duh

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the looks of that library. It's the kind of place that says,"C'mon over and drool at one of our tables for several hours!"
    Sign me up!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the looks of that lmgm.
    pretty handsome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home